You have seen them everywhere from social media to websites to flyers to billboards. Infographics are the most dynamic and engaging for of information today. In fact:
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual. (Source)
- Infographics are 30x more likely to be read than text articles. (Source)
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3x more than any other type of content. (Source)
- Infographics can increase web traffic by up to 12%. (Source)
- People following directions with text and illustrations do 323% better than people following directions without illustrations. (Source)
- When people hear information, they’re likely to remember only 10% of that information three days later. However, if a relevant image is paired with that same information, people retained 65% of the information three days later. (Source)
It’s incredible how much information you can put into an infographic. You can use infographics to explain a sales process, product use instructions, timelines for your company or delivery process, explaining complex issues or topics, share statistics, and much more!
The flexibility to share on multiple social media platforms is also another great advantage of using infographics. There are many free or low-cost resources to help you create your own infographics. Here are two lists to consider:
- 13 incredible tools for creating infographics (Creativebloq)
- 8 helpful resources for creating beautiful infographics (HubSpot)
For more about this series read our 31 Day Countdown to Your Success post.