Being active on social media is more than publishing blog articles, sharing curated links, or posting interesting images. It’s about being social! You need to consider how you engage with your followers on any social media platform you are using for your business.
People Want to Connect with People
Customers and prospects post comments to engage with a business and the people that run the business. Consider how you monitor and respond to comments to your posts, both the positive and negative comments. People enjoy being recognized for their contributions on social media, knowing that their opinions are being heard. A simple “thanks for your support” and other personalized messages to individuals help connect your business and brand to the people, adding authenticity to your engagement.
Take the time, daily or weekly, to review comments made about your posts and respond accordingly. You don’t need to engage with everyone, or have lengthy responses, just make it personal and relevant.
Improve Your Business with Customer Feedback
You can also use social media platforms as a forum to uncover ways to improve your products or service, source customer testimonials, identify key customer service issues or concerns, and find out what more your customer may want from your product and service.
More Reasons Social Media is Your Marketing Golden Ticket
In case you are still nervous about using social media as part of your marketing and customer engagement plan, here are just a handful of recent statistics to consider:
- 47% of marketers agreed Twitter was the best social media channel for customer engagement.
- Instagram drives the most engagement per post compared to any social network–84 times more than Twitter, 54 times more than Pinterest, and 10 times more than Facebook.
- Almost 90% of marketers say their social marketing efforts have increased exposure for their business, and 75% say they’ve increased traffic.
- 94% of B2B organizations rely on LinkedIn for content marketing and distribution.
- LinkedIn drives more than half of all social traffic to B2B blogs and sites.
- Online adults aged 18-34 are most likely to follow a brand via social networking (95%).
- 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour.
- 59% of Americans with social media accounts think that customer service through social media has made it easier to get questions answered and issues resolved.
- Within 10 hours of an Instagram post, users receive 50% of their total comments.
- 83% of weekly Pinners have made a purchase based on content they saw from brands on Pinterest.
- LinkedIn has proven to be an effective platform for lead generation and customer acquisition. In fact, it’s 277% more effective than Facebook in generating leads.