To blog is human, to vlog is divine! Delivering short and personality-filled content to your customers and prospects means figuring out the best format to use.
Blogging is a short article with your personality. It could be the personality as the owner of the company or a company personality. This depends on your industry and customers. Blogs offer a short-form (200-500 words) way to share your knowledge, news and insights about your industry.
Vlogging is just a video format of a blog, but offers a more personalized (and engaging) way to share your knowledge, news and insights. With the advancement of smartphone technology, all you need is a good video recording phone (and good lighting) to record your vlog. There are many free or low-cost video editing software to quickly and easily edit your videos into professional vlogs to share on your YouTube channel, Vimeo platform, or directly on your website. Vlogging increasing your engagement on social media as these video marketing statistics show:
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Wirebuzz) – Sourced from Biteable
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined. (Wordstream) – Sourced from Biteable
- Facebook videos receive 135% more organic reach on average than a Facebook photo. (Socialbakers) – Sourced from Biteable
- 64% of consumers say that watching a marketing video on Facebook has influenced a purchasing decision. (Socially Sorted)
- Of those that aren’t using video, 73% have bought a product after watching a video. (2017 Sate of Video Marketing)
- 97% of businesses using explainer videos say it helps users understand their business better. (2017 Sate of Video Marketing)
- Among those surveyed, 81% saw an increase in sales and 53% said support calls were reduced. (2017 Sate of Video Marketing)
Podcasting is another quick and personalized way to engage and share your knowledge with your audience. Even easier than video, all you need is a voice recording software (there are tons available in your smartphone app store) and a little audio editing magic (I recommend Audacity) to produce shareable podcast content.
Diversifying your online content will enrich your engagement with customer and prospects and provide you a more effective and dynamic way to tell your story and share your expertise.
For more about this series read our 31 Day Countdown to Your Success post.