BONUS MATERIAL: Social Media Statistics inside this article!
Being active on social media is more than posting articles, sharing links and providing interesting images… it’s about “being social!” You need to consider how you will engage with your followers on any social media platform you are using for your business.
Customers (and potential customers) make comments to engage with the business… and more importantly, the people that run the business. Consider how you will monitor and respond to comments to your posts (both the positive and negative ones) as people enjoy being recognized for their contributions on social media. A simple “thanks for your support” and other personalized messages to individuals help connect your business (and brand) to the people and add authenticity to your engagement.
Take the time (daily or weekly) to review comments made about your posts and respond accordingly. You need not engage with everyone or have lengthy responses, just make it personal and relevant.
You can use the social media platform as a conversation forum to uncover ways to improve your product/service, source customer testimonials, identify key customer service issues/concerns, and find out what more your customer may want from your product/service.
And in case you are still nervous about using social media as part of your marketing and customer engagement plan, here are just a handful of recent statistics to consider:
- 47% of marketers agreed Twitter was the best social media channel for customer engagement. (Source)
- Instagram drives the most engagement per post compared to any social network–84 times more than Twitter, 54 times more than Pinterest and 10 times more than Facebook. (Source)
- Almost 90% of marketers say their social marketing efforts have increased exposure for their business, and 75% say they’ve increased traffic. (Source)
- 94% B2B organizations rely on LinkedIn for content marketing and distribution. (Source)
- LinkedIn drives more than half of all social traffic to B2B blogs and sites. (Source)
- Online adults aged 18-34 are most likely follow a brand via social networking (95%). (Source)
- 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour. (Source)
- 59% of Americans with social media accounts think that customer service through social media has made it easier to get questions answered and issues resolved. (Source)
- 93% of Pinterest users use the platform to plan or make purchases. (Source)
- Over 56% of online adults use more than one social media platform. (Source)
- On LinkedIn, 98% of posts with images receive more comments and posts with links have a 200% higher engagement rate. (Source)
- Within 10 hours of an Instagram post, users receive 50% of their total comments. (Source)
For more about this series read our 31 Day Countdown to Your Success post.